Sunday, October 28, 2012

Beauty Blogger VoxBox

It's here! I'm digging the new Influenster site, and I was so excited to qualify for their Beauty Blogger VoxBox. If you aren't familiar, influenster is a site where you can review products, unlock badges through being active in social media, and hopefully get a chance to receive a VoxBox full of products to try! I've never been disappointed with one, and this was no exception. Here's what I got:


Group Shot. Not pictures: EBOOST drink powder. This is immediately took to work as an afternoon pick-me-up. I work in close contact with the public and, despite valiant efforts, am always getting mild to miserable colds. I've tried the EBOOST powder before, and I love that it's fizzy and the flavor is mild. 





Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit (retail $5.99). I've never used faux eyelashes before, and I'm very excited to give these a try...fake lashes always seem so glamorous. 


Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin (retail $7.29): these are pretty neat...as you can see I already opened the package. I don't think I'm talented enough to do some of the fancy hairstyles the little booklet inside describes, but they make a very secure bun. 


Bath & Body Works mini candle (retail: $3.50). Great scent. I can never have too many candles, and they were generous enough to include a coupon to get a 3-Wick candle for $10.00.


NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact ($4.99). This i'm not wild about. For one--you can sort of see in the picture--it powder is already all over the inside of the compact. That does not bode well for it staying on my eyelid, I don't think. The colors are all wrong for my skin, but the inclusion of a  primer base and illuminator is nice. 


Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream: this was one of two options for the voxboxes, the other being Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream. I definitely don't have curly hair, so I'm not sure why I got this. On the other hand, I use Ouidad's leave-in conditioner which is for curly hair and I love it, so who knows? I'll give it a shot. 


Bonus: Vitabath Fragrance Mist. The card included in the box says "Based on scores and demo info, select members may receive one of the following bonus products," so I'm lucky! When I saw the bottle I thought, "oh no." Vanilla sugar is not my thing...I prefer basically any other category of fragrance (musk, spice, citrus, etc.) to foodie scents. But this isn't bad, and it isn't sickly sweet. I like that it's supposed to feel nice on your skin.

1 comment: