Saturday, September 8, 2012

BzzAgnet: UNREAL Candy


Another BzzAgent review! If you haven't checked out BzzAgent yet, I highly recommend it for those of you who actively seek out new products and love to chat about them:) 

Anyway, I was invited to try UNREAL candy for free and give my honest opinions about it. So far I've tried two UNREAL candies: the chocolate peanut butter cups and the chocolate caramel nougat bar.



Peanut Butter Cups: 

Name brand peanut butter cups are my absolute favorite candy. True Fact. In fact, I have a rule that I try to stick to: no candy, unless it's peanut butter cups. That way if there's candy but not my favorite, I don't feel as bad denying myself because I do have permission to eat *some* candy. Anyway, I think my new rule is going to be: no candy, unless it's UNREAL peanut butter cups!

It was very easy to find in the store, but got kind of melty in my car so I popped it in the fridge when I got home for a few minutes. The flavor was like peanut butter cups, except better. The chocolate tasted like it was better quality, and the candy was actually more satisfying than my usual brand. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, but when I finished it instead of wanting more like I usually do I felt more satiated. That might be because it's made with better ingredients all the way around, I don't know but I suspect that's the case. After I tried it I visited the UNREAL website and looked at the comparison between the two brands--very impressed with the lower sugar content. Candy will remain an occasionally treat, but this is a candy I don't need to feel guilty about when I do eat it.

Chocolate Caramel Nougat:

First, I've been very happy with how easy it has been to find UNREAL candy--I haven't had to go to anyplace out of my usual routine to come across it. I'm not a big candy eater, so I wouldn't usually buy the "junky" brand name equivalent. The flavor of the Chocolate Caramel Nougat was great. As with the peanut butter cups, the chocolate tastes like it's a better quality, and the caramel does too. The only thing is that I wish there was just a bit more *crunch* to the cookie part of the bar. Overall though, I really liked it--plus it's 100 calories less than the other brand. Can't argue with that!


Have you tried these? What do you think? 

1 comment:

  1. This sound fantastic. Where can I buy this UNREAL candy bar? I love PB cups too!

    ReplyDelete