Saturday, September 8, 2012

BzzAgent Glade Expressions




I love fragrance, period. Perfume, wax tarts, candles of all shapes and sizes--and don't even get me started on Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and Black Phoenix Trading Post's perfume, bath, and massage oils! (seriously, go check out their amazing scent catalog). So I was very excited when BzzAgent invited me to try Glade Expressions Oil Diffuser and Fragrance Mist. Full disclosure: BzzAgent gave me coupons good for free products, but I am under no obligation to give positive reviews and the opinions expressed here are my own. You can learn more about BzzAgent here.


review and photos after the cut:

What immediately appealed to me were the scent descriptions. The full descriptions are available on Glade's website, and there are four: Cotton & Italian Mandarin, Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice, Lavender & Juniper Berry, and Pineapple & Mangosteen. I have no idea what mangosteen is...looks like it's a fruit or something? Anyway. I went and picked up the oil diffuser in lavender and juniper (two of my absolute fragrance notes) and the fragrance mist in cotton and italian mandarin. Truthfully I wanted both in the lavender and juniper scent, but the Target I was in didn't have it in the fragrance spray. Here's my review!



*This review is only for the Glade Expressions Oil Diffuser.* 

Smell: I picked up the Glade Expressions Oil Diffuser in the Lavender & Juniper Berry, as I tend to like herbal and green scents over fruity or sweet. If I put my nose right up to the diffuser it's a very, very sharp lavender scent with very little juniper. I think it's probably the eucalyptus note that makes it so sharp. Elsewhere in the room it's a well-rounded scent, but I can't pick out much juniper. Still, it's a nice, fresh scent. Verdict: 4/5 stars

Appearance: As I was taking it out of the box, I thought it was pretty cheap looking. The whole thing is very light plastic and I was concerned that it would look more "drug store" than "boutique" sitting on my nightstand. Looking at it from across the room, though, it does look nice. If you didn't know you might not guess it's plastic at all. It's a look that would blend right in to many styles of decor. The Glad Expression Oil Diffuser looks nice on the nightstand and would be pretty in a powder room or living room, too. It only loses a star because I wish there were more variety to choose from.Verdict: 4/5

Value: No complaints here, this is a great price. Scents the whole room as well as my $20 boutique candle. It's just as easy and cheap as comprable brands, but the fragrance is definitely better. I haven't had it a whole month to confirm Glade's good for a whole month statement, but I would be surprised if it ran out much sooner than that. Verdict: 5/5

Overall, I'd recommend this for home fragrance lovers. The only drawback I can think of is that people like me who love variety won't be happy with the limited fragrance choices after a while. Really though, even though it's reusable, the price is good enough that it wouldn't be the end of the world if you wanted to put it away in the cabinet for a while before reusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment